Vacancy: Chief Medical Officer (Our Ref: CMO2019)
Location: Bracknell, UK
Salary £Competitive + bonus + pension + company benefit platform
Applications are NOT being accepted from recruitment agencies for this position
Theragnostics is a privately held clinical stage radiopharmaceutical company that is developing a complete portfolio of products for the management and treatment of cancer patients, from initial diagnosis, to treatment planning and monitoring to therapy.
We are passionate about our products and are building a multi-disciplinary team with expertise in R&D and Clinical Development.
Theragnostics is seeking a Chief Medical Officer (CMO) with a track record in drug development to provide leadership to the company’s clinical development team. In this newly created role the CMO will support Theragnostics ongoing and future trials in the field of radionuclide therapy and imaging diagnostics in oncology. The position will be responsible for Theragnostics clinical development, implementation and delivery strategy and will report directly to the CEO. The successful candidate will be engaged in establishing and managing Phase I, II and III clinical trials as a strategic leader with the ability to participate in all aspects of clinical development.
The role is based in our Head Office in Bracknell and travel will be required across the UK and globally.
• Lead trial design, develop, review and revise clinical regulatory and trial documentation.
• Lead and implement the clinical development and registration strategy for the company’s oncology pipeline in US and EU markets
• Provide medical and scientific expertise to project teams, participate in project feasibility and risk assessment.
• Provide overall medical and safety oversight of the company’s oncology clinical trials.
• Prepare clinical training slides for investigator meetings, participate and present in investigator meetings
• Provide oversight of CRO outsourced services to include; medical and safety monitoring, review clinical lab values, AEs, coding dictionaries and data tables, listings and figure
• Manages data safety monitoring board activities and scientific integrity of clinical trials
• Liaise with vendors on clinical trials.
• Interact with inter-departmental and external consultants, KOLs, and regulatory agencies as appropriate
• Line management of the clinical development team
• MD or equivalent medical degree from an accredited medical school recognised by the GMC (UK) or equivalent
• Minimum ten years of clinical development experience
• Medical/Clinical Oncologist
• Experience in writing clinical development plans
• Experience in writing of Phase I, II and III clinical protocols, IB and study reports.
• Experienced in preparing briefing packages and scientific advice meetings with FDA/EMA.
• Experienced Medical Monitor
• Demonstrated ability to lead and work on multiple complex tasks and projects
• Outstanding presentation and communication skills, both written and oral
• Proven ability in communicating with both medical audiences and commercial investors
• Forward Thinking/Innovative
• Evidence of good interpersonal skills/patient centric
• Knowledge of Nuclear Medicine Clinical Trials
• Experience in prostate cancer and small cell lung cancer clinical trial.
• Experience in managing regulatory submissions to FDA/EMA
• Experience in non-clinical development.
• Financial management/budget control of projects
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For details see: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CMO2019 in the subject line.